PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT @ BPC EUROPE 2020
APMP offers the world’s first, best, and only industry-recognized certification program for professionals working in a bid and proposal environment. APMP certification is the global standard for developing and demonstrating proposal management competency. Achieving APMP certification:
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to a career and profession.
- Improves business development capabilities.
- Creates a focus on best team practices.
- Gains the respect and credibility of peers, clients, and organizational leaders and, in some cases, additional compensation.
- Reinforces bid/proposal management as an important role within an organization and not as an ad hoc function that anyone can perform.
APMP has worked closely with two of our Approved Training Organisations, Strategic Proposals, and Shipley to integrate APMP's Certification program in to BPC Europe 2020
APMP Foundation Course & Exam - 4 March FULL DAY
APMP Foundation is the first step on the path to professional certification for specialists in bid and proposal management. It’s widely viewed as an essential addition to your CV by many in the industry and demonstrates your commitment to your professional development.
Strategic Proposals are delivering this one-day workshop that will lead you through APMP’s syllabus, maximizing your chance of passing. Topics covered include:
- An overview of the APMP certification program and how the Foundation Level exam works
- Information research and management: what information do we need to gather before writing a proposal, and the importance of effective knowledge management
- Building a project plan for your proposal – including industry metrics for the effort required to do critical tasks well
- Developing a winning proposal – reviewing key topics such as qualification, strategy development, content planning, writing and design
- Managing the proposal, considering the end-to-end proposal process and the key reviews that need to take place
- Aligning to the overall sales process.
You’ll sit the multiple-choice, open-book exam at the end of the afternoon. (The pass mark’s 42 out of 75, and you have one hour). We’ll then mark your paper straight away, before feeding back your results 1:1.
Once you’ve passed, you’ll receive your printed certificate around one month later; APMP members will also be entitled to use the designation ‘CF APMP.’
NEW - APMP's Capture Practitioner Orientation Workshop, with Sample Exam Questions - 4 March MORNING SESSION
This session is designed to provide you with the information that you will need to prepare for and take the new APMP Capture Practitioner-level Certification Objective Test Examination (OTE). The session includes a chance to practice some of the sample exam questions and receive feedback on your answers.
About the Capture Practitioner Certification
The APMP Capture Practitioner OTE assesses the knowledge and skills that demonstrate proficiency in capture management based on the APMP Competency Framework and Syllabus.
The Capture Practitioner OTE Full Exam is a 2.5-hour, online exam that involves:
- A provided scenario
- 80 questions (related to the scenario) that have been designed to test your knowledge and understanding of best practices in capture management, as laid out in the APMP Body of Knowledge (BOK)
Eligibility for the Full Certification
Candidates for the Full APMP Capture Practitioner-level certification must:
- be APMP members in good standing.
- have at least three years' experience in the capture, sales, bid and/or proposal fields.
- self-certify that they have studied elements of the APMP BoK
- have a sponsor who recommends that they should be considered for the examination
The criteria for the full examination listed above are relaxed for the orientation workshop but please be aware that they will be stringently applied when it comes to sitting the full examination.
APMP Practitioner OTE Orientation Workshop - 4 March 2020 AFTERNOON SESSION
The APMP Practitioner OTE assesses the knowledge and skills that demonstrate proficiency in proposal and bid management based on the APMP Competency Framework and Syllabus.
The Practitioner OTE is a 2.5-hour, online exam that involves:
- A provided scenario
- Questions (about the scenario) that have been designed to test your knowledge and understanding of APMP best practices at two recognized learning levels
- Your experience combined with the APMP approach as laid out in the APMP Body of Knowledge (BOK)
Strategic Proposals Jon Williams, CPP APMP Fellow, will lead you through a 3-hour workshop designed to help you to learn;
- how to prepare for the exam
- what to expect before, during, and after the exam
- advice regarding how to take the exam
APMP Practitioner Exam Only - 5 March 2020 - 0930-1200hrs
APMP presents an opportunity for members to sit a paper version of the new Practitioner OTE Certification, hosted by Strategic Proposals. Please note the following;
- All candidates must register by Wednesday, 19 February 2020
- Practitioner examinations are machine-scored, results will not be available on the day but will be communicated within 48 hours
- Candidates must confirm at the time of booking that they have pre-purchased the necessary Practitioner exam credit or must purchase the required exam credit at the time of booking. There is no facility to pay on the day to sit the exam.
- This session is an invigilated exam only. There is no workshop, advice, or guidance provided on the day.